The perishable food business relies heavily on high-quality manufacturing as well as accurate and on-time delivery. Keeping on top of this is critical for any food-related business. In fact, The global food and agricultural industry during 2016 was worth approximately 10% of the world’s gross domestic product (GDP).
If you’re not taking both the manufacturing and delivery aspects of your food organization seriously, you’re going to find yourself in some serious trouble. Poor manufacturing can lead to commercial failure and financial issues, possibly even legal difficulties as well. Similarly, not delivering your foods to retail stores in a timely manner or missing deliveries completely can lead to all kinds of commercial problems as well.
Thankfully, there are innovative strategies you can implement to improve virtually every single aspect of your business, providing you a chance to stand out against other companies in this competitive marketplace and set you up for future success. Food inventory management software is one of the most effective tools for running a successful perishable food business.
Here are some of the specific advantages of quality food inventory management software:
- You can manage loading, picking, and delivery for future day transports. Additionally, this technology can provide you with multi-day inventory options as well.
- Keep track of all your bins, lockers, and freezers not just at your manufacturing site, but across all of your routes.
- Utilize an automated pick list and adjust it accordingly. Whenever you need to make adjustments to your customers’ needs, whether it pertains to their daily plans or their yearly goals, you can edit your pick lists and increase productivity across the board.
- Track all the various types of inventory including damaged products and returned items through integrated and intuitive screens.
- Keep track of your drivers and your entire inventory in real-time.
- Transfer fresh and returned products between routes with reconciliation.
If you want to learn more about food inventory management software, DSD software (direct store delivery), or other essential tools for the perishable food business, give Harvest Food Solutions a call today.